Carr Farm Garden Centre has always strived to be both ecologically and ethically friendly. We actively seek ways of improving our energy and water efficiency, whilst also reducing wastage where possible and sourcing products from managed sources.
We also try to help you, the customers play your part by promoting sustainable gardening and offering environmentally friendly products for you to use in your garden.
- Cardboard boxes are offered to customers and any waste cardboard is recycled. It is compressed in our bailing machine and collected for re-cycling and re-use
- Other sustainable products which aiding in composting, water conservation and mulching are also available
- Most of our plants our UK sourced, with the majority of our bedding is grown to our specification on local nurseries.
- All our plastic bags are biodegradable and in some cases paper bags are offered as an alternative.
- We also support Wildlife trust and RSPB, by offering in-store space for information desks where possible.
- We no longer sell gas fired patio heaters.
- Many of our products are from sustainably sourced environments, managed by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Water use is managed and we are currently looking into ways of improving this.
- Peat free and peat reduced compost is widely available.
- Organic alternatives are available for some of Chemicals, where we are confident they will produce good results.